JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKitagawa View Post
Hey guys and girls, long time no see.
sorry I haven't checked the forums in a while.
i just did two paintovers today, for...
Pexster and Vampire Girl

Here ya go:

First off... both of you need scanners lol

So, vampire girl
the only real thing that i'd say is that the pose is too stiff.
her whole upper body just follows this dead straight line which is unnatural.
You should make it more dynamic, make the limbs go in different directions, push the head in a different direction, get a better line of action. Since you named it tomboy I made a bit of a run/sports pose.
basically, try drawing a line through the character, if it's straight, then it's too stiff. make it more curvy.
The other thing is that you need to look at it in a more 3d way.
See the line under your knees? see how they're straight?
well... the line should go around the leg, not straight across it.
you have to visualize the leg as a cylinder and then draw the line across the surface of that cylinder, its hard at first, but start to look at your drawing as if it were an actual person taking up 3d space.
hope that helps a bit! Keep up the good work!!

Now, Pexster.
main problem i had with this one, his mouth.
I cant really tell if its like... an angry mouth, or kinda an evil smile?
it was also on an angle that didn't line up with the eyes.
last thing, your nose was barely defined, drawing the bottom of the nose is more important than the sides.
other than that, good work man. i like the 2nd character you drew, no complaints there.

sorry i took so damn long to get back to you two!!

P.S. Gerlandox: Glad to see more 3d stuff from you (great work), and sorry I haven't been online much lately.
*stairs at drawings.xD*

wow me and pex have a lot to work on.xD

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#142 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
06-02-2009, 04:24 PM

i made a stencil and spray painted my name on my door(the shiny parts are because i forgot to turn the flash off and it reflected on the acrylic paint which i used to touch up spots the spray paint missed)

Attachment 9989

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."

Last edited by SephirothVVC : 12-09-2009 at 09:50 PM.
(#143 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-02-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
i made a stencil and spray painted my name on my door(the shiny parts are because i forgot to turn the flash off and it reflected on the acrylic paint which i used to touch up spots the spray paint missed)

Attachment 9989
awesome.xD
i like that.

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#144 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

Send a message via MSN to Nendoroid
06-02-2009, 07:03 PM

Art is something you can't be taught. You can be guided but being taught has a very limited prescence in art. During the time you ask for guidance you could be drawing another peice of art, and within time you will get to a point where you are satisfied with yourself; then at that point you could look at someone's art and ask them how they drew something, and start drawing again practicing that specific idea.

Source : My experiences and art college student I'm friends with
(#145 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
06-02-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post

Attachment 9989
I thought your name was Timmy

That's pretty cool Timmy!
(#146 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 07:22 PM

Help please!

It's not finished yet, some bits are uncoloured and I got a bit more to do but I thought I'd come here and ask for help before I finish it off Can't seem to get the mouth right.

(#147 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Help please!

It's not finished yet, some bits are uncoloured and I got a bit more to do but I thought I'd come here and ask for help before I finish it off Can't seem to get the mouth right.

the bottom lip looks a little tilted and pointed. you could round it to make it look full. the left eye (my left) is a little high also she has no eyebrows.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#148 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

06-02-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Help please!

Curve the shoulders more and make sure when you're drawing a female there are either no or rare sharp or semi-sharp corners when it comes to drawing the body structure. Make sure you add shading and wrinkles to the bottom of that dress, it looks plastic and 2D. Your arms around the elbow need a bit of work; but for now it's looking great. Your head structure is that of a male's. Make sure you smooth those jaw corners and make sure the jaw is placed farther back into the mouth to make it look more of a female's. The mouth needs to be thinner, placed more down for an older look and closer to the eyes for a younger; play with it for a bit and you'll get the hang of it. Also, your perspective point on the character is a bit off, the eyes are looking slightly different ways; this makes a huge difference since the most viewed part of a human body is the eyes, when it comes to casual speculation. The anatomy of the head is tilted to the left, when it should be tilted to the right, thus giving it that male look noted above.
(#149 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nendoroid View Post
Curve the shoulders more and make sure when you're drawing a female there are either no or rare sharp or semi-sharp corners when it comes to drawing the body structure. Make sure you add shading and wrinkles to the bottom of that dress, it looks plastic and 2D. Your arms around the elbow need a bit of work; but for now it's looking great. Your head structure is that of a male's. Make sure you smooth those jaw corners and make sure the jaw is placed farther back into the mouth to make it look more of a female's. The mouth needs to be thinner, placed more down for an older look and closer to the eyes for a younger; play with it for a bit and you'll get the hang of it. Also, your perspective point on the character is a bit off, the eyes are looking slightly different ways; this makes a huge difference since the most viewed part of a human body is the eyes, when it comes to casual speculation. The anatomy of the head is tilted to the left, when it should be tilted to the right, thus giving it that male look noted above.
Oh dear, I look like a man, hah.

I drew this based off a picture of me, just designing a different dress:

Thanks for the advice, I can see what you mean now looking at it, so I'll make changes when I come back to it. It supposed to be a fashion design rather than a piece of art so that's why it's kind of sketchy, unfinished and unshaded at the moment. But I'll do that as I go!
(#150 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

06-02-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Oh dear, I look like a man, hah.

I drew this based off a picture of me, just designing a different dress:

Thanks for the advice, I can see what you mean now looking at it, so I'll make changes when I come back to it. It supposed to be a fashion design rather than a piece of art so that's why it's kind of sketchy, unfinished and unshaded at the moment. But I'll do that as I go!
When you're drawing something as a fashion design make sure to use something that can be easily erased and redone, like an HB art pencil and draw over your mistakes, over and over and over until it looks ok with one of the hundred-billion layers you just drew over yourself, and draw over that line thicker than your other lines and erase the rest, by doing this you will be able to create a momentum and recreate the way your hands can move in order to create more of a natural shade. This comes with time, however it's a very useful skill and talent all at once, especially when it comes to drawing very specific shapes and sizes, such as a skull, where you would draw one or more circles as the very beginning layer to guide you to draw your jaws. I have never, drawn a skull with just one attempt.

However, it's looking great; and so are you! :x Good luck!