JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-16-2009, 03:48 AM

Here's my latest. It won third place on this month's Nikon Challenge (I won second place in May's Challenge).

It is a picture of my bicycle near the Sensoji temple in Asakusa.

(#182 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-16-2009, 03:50 AM

Here is the second place photo from last month's Nikon Challenge which I took in Shinjuku.

(#183 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM

Hey Sangetsu
I've seen a lot of your photos before on different threads, and I have to say, I'm a fan.

Always enjoyed looking at your pictures, and these two are no exception.
Since I practically know nothing about photography, I can't even attempt to critique you. But please feel free to post as many pictures as you'd like.

P.S. Congrats on 2nd and 3rd place!

Quote:
No problem, glad I could be of service then.
By the way, your 3D stuff is top notch. Great.
thanks Kanji
(#184 (permalink))
Old
HikariTenrai (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to HikariTenrai Send a message via MSN to HikariTenrai Send a message via Yahoo to HikariTenrai
06-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKitagawa View Post
hey HikariTenrai. Welcome to JF!
since this is more of an Art Help thread, it would be nice if you could select 1 or 2 specific drawings/photos that you'd like to have critiqued. Without that all I can say is that overall you have some pretty crazy stuff. Looks very... drug induced lol. It's a cool style you got, and you are very good with your colors.
But we can't give you any specific tips without a specific painting/drawing/photo to look at.
Arigato for the welcome ^.^ I really had no idea which one to choose but yea, i keep hearing that its trippy n stuff lol
Maybe i shall post in instalment ~with evil laughter >~ of my fav stuff xD in no particular order...
Also, i just realised that this is an art HELP thread xD baka me
But i guess others feedback would help for me as well. I wonder what people actually think of my junk.. so here are some.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=720761806

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=720761806

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...b&id=720761806

that is enough for the day and its copyrighted btw =sephy's evil laughter=

神の光
恨みはらさでおくべきか

Last edited by HikariTenrai : 06-16-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: pics not showing up D:
(#185 (permalink))
Old
HikariTenrai (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to HikariTenrai Send a message via MSN to HikariTenrai Send a message via Yahoo to HikariTenrai
Cool Sugoi art works xD - 06-16-2009, 04:49 PM

HAI!
This ish my first thread so be nise ^.^ (yes i know i said nise )
Well, if you have some art works that you just simply want to share, then just share here, throw them here, and etc. It's nothing but sharing really and for the oohs and ahhs.

Just some pointers (o kami)
-And by sharing, we shall all assume that the works here are copyrighted.
-And since there is already an art help thread, this isn't a thread to ask if your works are good or not. But just to simply share your works with us.
-Don't post works that arent yours, its stealing.
(did i miss anything?)

I hope this makes some sense and i hope i won't get sliced from a katana if there was already a thread like this.. this is a sugoi version ^.^'

神の光
恨みはらさでおくべきか
(#186 (permalink))
Old
RKitagawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to RKitagawa
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Hey HikariTenrai.
I did a paintover of your picture of the girl named apple. Since I can't really critique abstract stuff.

It's not bad, just a few minor things that I noticed.
One is your lines, it's fine to make it sketchy, but you should try to get nice smooth flowing lines. It's particularly noticeable in the hair.
The biggest "flaw" that I see is her right thigh.. where is it?
although it's supposed to be hidden from view, if you look at it, you should be able to at least see the top of it where it connects to the hips.
Lastly I'd just say to study the shapes of human anatomy, you seem to have the basics but some of the forms look to wide, or too blocky, etc...

BUT, I love your paintings man, especially that first one, great colors. maybe you could teach me a thing or two about color theory
(#187 (permalink))
Old
HikariTenrai (Offline)
New to JF

06-17-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
It's not bad, just a few minor things that I noticed.
One is your lines, it's fine to make it sketchy, but you should try to get nice smooth flowing lines. It's particularly noticeable in the hair.
The biggest "flaw" that I see is her right thigh.. where is it?
although it's supposed to be hidden from view, if you look at it, you should be able to at least see the top of it where it connects to the hips.
Lastly I'd just say to study the shapes of human anatomy, you seem to have the basics but some of the forms look to wide, or too blocky, etc...

BUT, I love your paintings man, especially that first one, great colors. maybe you could teach me a thing or two about color theory
Hey, thanks for the feedback! I truly appreciate it. I must admit that this is a rather old drawing and i wasn't as experienced in art as i am now. The mistakes you pointed out really makes sense. Sure, i'm able to share some tips but i'm not sure what you're looking for exactly xD
Perhaps colour moods, colour mixing or etc... I must also say that i'm not a good painter >.>'
I tend to be good at abstract stuff mostly since im able to paint what i feel.
I suggest you guys try collages. I had the most fun with them and they help you to take things to the next level.
Of course, if you have any more questions you can ask
But thanks for the help once again RKitagawa ^.^

神の光
恨みはらさでおくべきか
(#188 (permalink))
Old
HikariTenrai (Offline)
New to JF

06-17-2009, 08:00 AM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...a&id=720761806

Yay, i did this one at school, with watercolour on wood. It was fun, it's called, are you guilty now. Kinda emo, i know.

神の光
恨みはらさでおくべきか

Last edited by HikariTenrai : 06-18-2009 at 04:31 PM.
(#189 (permalink))
Old
VampireGirl1314 (Offline)
~I cant leave you~

Location: Japan 日本国, Jk Jk I live in Mexicali Mexico Baja California.
Send a message via MSN to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Yahoo to VampireGirl1314 Send a message via Skype™ to VampireGirl1314
06-28-2009, 10:06 PM

did this one while mom was cutting out skirt patterns.

I could never be happier.
I found my missing piece and i know he wont leave me.
song by simple plan.
+{Member of the Crusnik Clan--Crusnik 04}+
+{Codename: Abel}+
I'm sorry for acting like this...
(#190 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
06-28-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Quick sketch done today for fun.

warning huuuuuuuge file size!

I don't do too many action poses, so I wanted to try that, also experimenting with action/speed lines and stuff.

critiques would be nice!

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
i really like your style. it reminds me of how my oldest brother used to draw before he went into the muscular everything craze. muscular women too... just not my thing. great sketches! keep it up

Edit: seems like you are the one that helps people improve their art... so i shouldn't tell you to keep it up, hahaha you are good.

Last edited by JackIsLost : 06-28-2009 at 11:57 PM.