LinkBack Thread Tools
(#161 (permalink))
Old
Michieru (Offline)
Illusion Master

Send a message via AIM to Michieru Send a message via MSN to Michieru
07-25-2008, 10:50 PM

HA! they ARE real

i made a Long distance relationship from JF myself!!

I found her here.. made friends with her...

and 1 year later she is my GF! lol i know it took a while but hey it was worth it.. i just spend 2 weeks of heaven with her in her little town in spain *.*

HA! i win

(#162 (permalink))
Old
emmygirl121 (Offline)
Don't waste those words

Send a message via AIM to emmygirl121
07-25-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laine View Post
Why does 'Japanese boyfriend' automatically imply that he must live in Japan? If you have a Japanese fetish, there are certainly plenty of Japanese fellows living in the US. Try any city or diverse metropolitan area. New York, Los Angelos, San Francisco, etc. Personally, I think it's a bit immature to choose your lover based on their ethnicity or country of residence, but hey, we all have our opinions. Who knews, you may end up liking someone of an ethnicity you never considered before; you can't control who you fall in love with, anyway.

To answer the topic question, I think long distance relationships could work with a lot of patience and loyalty on both sides. It takes work. Long distance relationships are definitely not for me, though, because quite honestly, I wouldn't have the patience for a love that had absolutely no physical or sexual components.
If I was interested in say..... Germany. I would be in a German forum. I can't help it if i'm interested/attracted to Japanese boys.

Anyway your totally right on the Long distance relationship segment.
(#163 (permalink))
Old
mangapunkrocker (Offline)
Princess of ALL

07-26-2008, 10:04 PM

right on girl!!! come on people we're here to make friends right? it's all in fun...please don't get upset...as for internet boyfriends i think that's a cool thing to do maybe....

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#164 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
07-27-2008, 12:14 AM

more liekly than often,"no"...comes to mind, or and by work, what do you mean , "get marroed happily ever after and live til you both die" or just" get married", or "become boyfriend/girlfriend to the point that you guys feel your married but yoru not...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#165 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-27-2008, 10:02 AM

I've been in a long distance relationship before. 2 in fact (I'm talking we actually met and got together, then one of us had to return home and not the internet type)

The reason why they failed was because neither I or my girlfriend were in a position to make commitments to each other (I'm not talking emotional commitment by the way.)

My point being that in my opinion, there has to be some sort of serious detailed plan to get together at some stage as simply the will to do so alone was not enough in my experience.
(#166 (permalink))
Old
Princess of ALL

07-27-2008, 11:07 PM

um....i just want to make friends with people, i just wanted to know if long distance relashionships worked and if people from japan or anywhere would commit to something like this...cuz there are a lot of threads with people asking to meet people from japan, but they go unanswered and i'm one of them, but it doens't matter, cuz we're here to have fun right? I want to get to know people, and some day when i got to japan i want to be able to say i have friends in japan who will be willing to show me around to their favorite places instead of being just another tourist....

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#167 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
08-01-2008, 01:50 PM

It works only if the two people work on it and try to make it work.
You can't sit there.

My boyfriend is in Kyusyu...(he'll be in Colchester, England for a couple of weeks this weekend.)

I'm here in cali.
And though the internet helps, it's not that kind of relationship xD, as I said before on JF.

It gets hard without seeing each other. I was supposed to see him few times by now, but due to other circumstances...it's been about 13 months since I last saw him..

and it isn't just about people from japan. anyone can and will. As far as I know, his family is supportive with him and how he tries... and I appreciate that they're kind everytime I call.

But I didn't fall for him 'cause he was japanese. Heck, he was my first serious non-white boyfriend X_x;

but about the US/japanese, that's right too.
there are a looottt of japanese in cali, for example.
as for sticking to just japanese, I'm 50/50, 'cause I'm genuinely attracted to asians mainly, now, but I'll never date someone for their blood. I rather get to to know 'em first....

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#168 (permalink))
Old
Princess of ALL

08-02-2008, 06:37 AM

so true......I can't say anything about boyfriends, since I haven't had one.....but i think it would get hard not seeing ur boyfriend for so long....

*EVIL BUT CUTE!!*
(#169 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangapunkrocker View Post
I'm not just talking about Japanese guys...I know most girls on this website would just love a japanese boyfriend (am i right?) but does it work?
It NEVER works actually.
(#170 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michieru View Post
HA! they ARE real

i made a Long distance relationship from JF myself!!
... rub it innnn, why dontchaaaaaaaaa

everything is relative and contradictory ~